Monday, 26 July 2010

Madonna is back to Dolce & Gabanna!


Hello Guys. I saw Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter campaig during the weekend and I get impressed by the originality and quality of the shooting. A 51 glamorous Madonna plays the role of Mamma Roma, a film of Pier Paolo Pasolini from 1962 about a middle-aged prostitute. The shoot was made by the celebrity photographer Steven Klein, and received mixed reviews, once people wants Dolce & Gabbana campaigns to be back to the young and beautiful models.

Stefano Gabbana told press, “We wanted to continue pushing our current message that shows fashion’s more human nature and our heritage. This is yet another tassel of that mosaic. We believe the campaign is comforting and that people will somehow identify themselves in the images, which again display a more human and approachable side of Madonna.”

Personally, I'm addicted to fashion advertising and I loved this campaign because the pictures are amazing and have the hability of taking us to the realism of the 60's in Italy. At the same time, the clothes are very elegant and represent one of the tendences of next season: sobriety in colours, patterns and shapes and at the same time wildness in small details like transparencies and decolletages. The shot with the chickens is a very good example of that. Seeing the editorials of each designer it's a great way to understand the spirit of each season collection so I'll try to post more designers campaigns in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Adorei as fotos,as personagens,a tematica desta campanha.D&G no seu melhor!Bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "padrons and shapes"

    Don't you mean patterns...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Indianajane, I already corrected. I was really tired when I wrote that and I confused with the portuguese word for patterns. Thank you for the advise and you're welcome to return!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in the power of Love! Thank you for coming and sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...