Wednesday, 18 May 2011

And how about love?


Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes, five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes...How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights. In cups of coffee, in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
How about love? Measure in love!


Rent is a play from Jonatham Larson that won a Tony award. Based on Giacomo Puccini's opera "La Bohéme", Rent is about young artists and musicians struggling to survive and create in New York under the shadow of HIV. When I was doing my internship in television I did  a report about Rent and I fell in love with the story and the songs. The day after I had to return to the theater and do it again because the person responsible for the sound forgot to turn the volume up of the channel connected to my camera. 24 hours after I was there again and I liked even more. The interviews were done so all I had to was to take some images of the play. I could sit down, relax and enjoy the show. This is one of the songs I always have in my mind since that week.

Sometimes is good to give a second chance. You discover things you hadn't noticed the first time. Sometimes is just usefull to be sure something wasn't worth it...
They say cats have seven lives so I suppose I still have a lot to live. I can press the reset button over and over and over. Because in the end... You know. In the end is all about Love.






The Hip Tee tshirt* Mango jeans* Gucci sneakers* Tiffany & Co necklace* Marc by Marc Jacobs bracelet

12 comments:

  1. Olá!Raquel..que bonito,este post.
    Estás muito muito gira,adoro ver-te de rabo de cavalo e essa tee é linda linda linda linda.Se eu a tivesse estava sempre a usá-la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essa camisola fazia falta no meu wardrobe :)

    adoro Love e a maneira como nos faz sentir...pareces uma miúda, feliz!

    http://fashionviktima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely girl! :D
    Gira como já nos habituaste!

    Beijo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosto de te ver neste registo... mais casual e com pinta ;)*

    Lovely shirt!



    xoxo*

    ReplyDelete
  5. que a tee é gira é sim!
    que te fica bem cmó raio, sim!
    que tamém gostava de ter uma, digo sim tamém!

    mas eu gostei realmente foi do texto. podes ter uma casa, um carro de alta cilindrada, viajar, amigos, familia...mas no final se não tiveres alguém "teu" com quem partilhar isso tudo, se não tiveres amor para receber ou alguém a quem dar...tudo o resto sabe a pouco :\

    continua a escrever, plz***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorei a tee é mesmo gira e original ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All you need is love....oh yes... e essa T é mesmo LOVE. "Sometimes is good to give a second chance. You discover things you hadn't noticed the first time. Sometimes is just usefull to be sure something wasn't worth it.." nãaaaaaaaaaaaao diria melhor

    e estás LINDA nestas fotos!!! *

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooove Rent! I have the CD and I know all the songs! I have been thinking about posting Seasons of Love on my blog for a while but you beat me to the punch!:) Great song, great musical and I love your LOVE t-shirt!
    - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babe ainda bem que estas de volta mais ativa! e btw estas linda nas fotos - essa tshirt é o maximo!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I believe in the power of Love! Thank you for coming and sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...